How to effectively facilitate the flow of value
Last week I visited the Conference in Washington and delivered my presentation about the role of the Release Train Engineer (RTE).
In the presentation I called out what I have observed to be 10 critical skills (actually nine..) that every RTE need to build and master:
- Practical empathy
- Courage to stay authentic
- Ability to narrate complex situations
- Establish and manage cadence and synchronization
- Apply systems thinking
- Understand the physics of flow and queuing theory
- Showmanship and large group facilitation
- Effective stakeholder management
- Ability to simplify things ..
Here is a video of the presentation at the 2018 Summit:
Here is a link to the presentation:
If you are interested in learning more about the role of the RTE or lean/agile/leadership in general take a look at what I am delivering at carlstarendal.se
You can also find my leadership courses here: https://wearemovement.se/course-categories/developmental-leadership/